Individual Membership – Coeliac NSW and ACT
Individual membership services are provided at a state level. Coeliac NSW/ACT is a not-for-profit organisation reliant on membership and community support. All funds raised on behalf of Coeliac NSW/ACT is re-invested into the provision of membership resources and services, research and public awareness.
Membership is open to a person:
- diagnosed with coeliac disease
- diagnosed with dermatitis herpetiformis
- diagnosed as requiring a gluten free diet for another medical reason
To join you will need:
- An Application Form: Download one here or contact us to have one sent by mail
- A letter from a registered medical practitioner to verify your diagnosis
Health professionals, food manufacturers and those who cater for the gluten free diet are also welcome to join as associate members.
Benefits of Membership
Access to member support services: Telephone and Email Support - Drop in centre open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm to provide information on all acceptable foods, answer questions and offer encouragement, reassurance and suggestions.
A New Member Information Kit
- The Ingredient List Booklet: Teaches you the art of label reading and identifying gluten in food
- Pocket Guide: A simple and easy to use guide to label reading
- Exclusive member discount card: The card provides monthly discounts on selected gluten free items at Coles stores nationally and other participating businesses in NSW and the ACT.
- The Australian Coeliac Society Handbook: All you need to know about coeliac disease and managing your gluten free diet
- Gluten Free Recipe Book: Over 130 favourite recipes
- Restaurant Card to help explain your gluten free diet when eating out
- Society Information Pamphlets: Coeliac Disease - The Coeliac Society - Osteoporosis & Coeliac Disease - Dermatitis Herpetiformis - Type 1 Diabetes & Coeliac Disease - Diagnosing Coeliac Disease
- Coeliac Disease CD-Rom
- What Now? for parents of children with coeliac disease
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes & Coeliac Disease Booklet
- Associate Member List - Where to Buy List - Restaurant List - Order form for additional resources
Subscription to Society publications
- The Australian Coeliac magazine is a full colour national magazine, available to all members of the Coeliac Society.
- The Coeliac Sentinel is the NSW State newsletter distributed as an insert to The Australian Coeliac.
Access to Member Support Events including information sessions, shopping tours, cooking demonstrations, Children events etc. Check our events page for upcoming events
Access to additional member support services: Telephone & Email Support – Drop in Centre – Travel Information – Access to local support functions – Dietitians’ List
Coeliac NSW/ACT employs Specialist Coeliac Dietitians who are available for patient consultations from our office in Waitara. Individual nutrition advice is provided to help you manage your gluten free diet, eat better and be healthier.
This specialised service is only available to current members of Coeliac NSW/ACT. As a service to members, appointment are available at a special affordable rate:
Initial consult $100 (pension rate $70)
Follow up consult $60 (pension rate $50)
Please contact the office for appointments.
Member Discount Card
Members are issued with a member card which allows them access to monthly discounts at Coles stores as well as discounts at other participating businesses in NSW and the ACT.
View the list of participating businesses here.
Adding an additional family member to an existing membership
If someone else in your household is diagnosed with coeliac disease, they can be added to your existing membership for no additional cost. Details of the additional family member can provided in this form. A doctors letter confirming the diagnosis will also be required to support the application.
Transfer of Membership
If you move interstate, your Coeliac NSW/ACT membership can easily be transferred to your new state Coeliac organisation. Complete a transfer form and return it to us to give permission for your membership to be transferred.