Endorsement and the Crossed Grain
THE LOGO GLUTEN FREE CONSUMERS LOOK FOR AND TRUST
The crossed grain logo is a trademark owned and administered by Coeliac Australia under a licence agreement. The symbol is a crossed grain in a circle which is both nationally and internationally recognised. Products that use this logo are:
- Tested to have gluten levels <20ppm (considered suitable as per the Codex standard for gluten)
- Subject to laboratory testing every 12 months and random annual audit testing
- Independently approved.
- Supporting those following a gluten free diet.
Manufacturers who subscribe to the endorsement program are permitted to use the logo on endorsed product packaging and marketing material.
Endorsed products have proved to remove uncertainty and give gluten free consumers confidence to make safe choices.
Companies who use the endorsement program are listed on this website as a PDF under Manufacturers using Endorsement. They are also listed in the June and December issues of The Australian Coeliac magazine each year (distribution to 25000 members of Coeliac Australia). Click here to view the respective page from the most recent magazine.Members are asked to support endorsed products.
How to be Endorsed
ELIMINATE DOUBT & INCREASE CONSUMER CONFIDENCE
All manufacturers, both Australian and Internationally based , are invited to endorse their products, food or non-food related. However they must fit the following criteria:
- Food products must be tested to gluten levels <20ppm.
- The product must have multiple ingredients and/or be processed. This means single ingredient unprocessed foods are not endorsed.
- Each food product is subject to laboratory testing annually at the cost of the manufacturer.
- Acceptance is at the discretion of Coeliac Australia.
For more information on endorsement and the process to follow, download the Endorsement Information Pack.
If you are an importer of foods already endorsed outside of Australia, please contact us to find out how to obtain a follow on service for non-Australian endorsed products.
We do not endorse:
- Food Service Outlets