Welcome to Coeliac Queensland
Coeliac Queensland (CQ) is a not-for-profit organisation which assists and supports people who are medically required to follow a gluten free diet for life. CQ is Queensland's leading support resource with over 4400 members.
2013/2014 Membership renewals
T (07)3356 4446
F (07)3356 4474
91B Wilston Road
Newmarket Qld 4051
(Entry via Peel Street)
Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 4.00pm.
PO Box 3455
NEWMARKET QLD 4051
A Queensland community with superior diagnostic rates for coeliac disease and a reduction in associated health risks.
Coeliac Queensland is a member-based organisation and part of the national organisation, Coeliac Australia.
Coeliac Queensland will achieve its vision through a small team of paid staff, a large volunteer base and members of Coeliac Queensland by:
- Providing practical support, information and understanding of coeliac disease and medically diagnosed gluten intolerance.
- Promoting increased public awareness of coeliac disease and the gluten free lifestyle.
- Supporting research into a cure or treatment for coeliac disease.
Our core business is providing support, information and understanding to our members who have been diagnosed with coeliac disease or medically require a strict gluten free diet.
We have family memberships and invite Professional memberships from health professionals, restaurants, food retailers and manufacturers of gluten free food.
We support members by providing:
- Health seminars and food label reading workshops
- Support and information on gluten free living
- Special member prices for seminars and resources
- Quarterly magazine and newsletters
Raising public awareness
Currently one in every 100 Australians has coeliac disease but only 25% of these people have been diagnosed. We are working towards a higher diagnostic rate to prevent health complications caused by untreated coeliac disease. These include osteoporosis, liver conditions, some cancers, infertility and more.
Coeliac Queensland raises public awareness of coeliac disease and the associated health complications through:
- Public displays
- Health seminars
- Literature and resources
- Fundraising and awareness activities and events
- Media exposure
Coeliac Queensland is the peak body in the state for coeliac disease and those medically diagnosed as requiring a gluten free diet. We strive to minimise the impact on lifestyle for people with this condition through.
- Encouraging the availability of gluten free food at restaurants and cafes
- Increasing the understanding of cross contamination issues in restaurants and cafes
- Extending the health professional's awareness and understanding of coeliac disease.