To become a member of Coeliac Queensland, simply complete the application form or contact the office to have an application form posted to you. Membership is open to Queenslanders who have been medically diagnosed with
- coeliac disease
- gluten intolerance
- dermatitis herpetiformis
- other medical conditions requiring a gluten free diet
More than one coeliac in the family?
If you have more than one coeliac in your immediate family (living at the same address) then you only need to pay for one membership per household. Please complete a separate form for each person diagnosed and we will put all of the details under the one membership.
Membership runs from 1 July to 30 June yearly. Membership cost is calculated on a pro-rata rate throughout the year. The pro-rata rate does not apply to the joining fee component as this covers your new member starter pack. Please check page 4 of the application form for current membership fees – do not adjust, pro-rata discount has already been factored in these figures. Please note that we are a not-for-profit organisation that does not receive any government funding and we rely on membership fees to continue to fund our services. The actual cost to service each member is more than the membership fee and the remainder of the cost is funded by donations and fundraising.
- Ingredient list – Easily identify if an ingredient is gluten free at a glance. Over 1000 ingredients listed
- Handbook – Everything you need to know about coeliac disease and living a gluten free lifestyle
- Recipe Book – Over 130 gluten free recipes includes full colour photos and nutrition information
- Gluten free samples - Sample gluten free products. Sample products vary throughout the year
- Member recommended gluten free restaurant list – Listing of restaurants throughout Queensland
- Enviro bag
Member only ongoing benefits
- Member discount card – offering 20% discount off selected gluten free products at Coles plus more. Click here for further information on our Member Discount program.
- Quarterly magazine ‘The Australian Coeliac’ – new products, recipes, research and travel information
- Quarterly newsletter ‘Against the Grain’ - information on local news, events and support groups
- Supermarket guided tour – small booking fee applies
- Label Reading Workshops – small booking fee applies
- Support Groups – over 25 support groups throughout Queensland
- Member events and seminars – Children’s Christmas party, health seminars etc
- Travel and translation sheets – information on over 30 overseas countries
- Phone help line – 8.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday
Coeliac Queensland has recently introduced a new range of professional memberships.
Restaurants memberships are suitable for restaurants, cafes and takeaways and will provide you with information on catering for your gluten free clientele. Further information on the benefits of membership can be found in the Restaurant Membership joining form.
Health Professional memberships are suitable for GPs, gastroenterologists and dietitians/nutritionists and will provide you with information on assisting your coeliac or gluten intolerant patients/clients. Further information on the benefits of membership can be found in the Health Professional joining form.
Gluten Free Service Industry memberships are suitable for retailers, manufacturers, distributers/wholesalers or anyone that caters for the gluten free diet (e.g. retirement villages, nursing homes, school tuckshops, camps and sporting/club canteens). Further information on the benefits of membership can be found in the Gluten Free Service Industry joining form.
If you have any questions regarding our professional memberships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like copies of our brochures and additional referral cards to pass onto your patients please download our resource form to order them.
If you have been a member of Coeliac Queensland in the past and would like to rejoin, please fill out this form and post, fax or email it to us.
If you live overseas and would like to become a member of Coeliac Queensland, please contact us to find out what the postage costs will be.